Tatneft TatNIPIneft(The Tatar Oil Research and Design Institute) did careful research focusing on the use of flocculants for oil field wastewater treatment. The research explored the reagent Rekomin-m, the combined effect flocculant used for wastewater pre-treatment in oil extraction and for the acceleration of finely dispersed stable sols precipitation in nonferrous and mining industries.
The reagent proved highly effective in wastewater treatment compared to the analogues widely used abroad its cost being 2-3 times lower.
The flocculant-coagulant «Rekomin-M» is certified in the Russian Federation and has all the necessary hygiene certificates and State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision Agency certificates of conformity.
It’s entered in the industry registry of substances permitted for use in oil production. It confirms both the quality and safety of this product.
We use Russian raw materials and constituents so our product has enormous potential for the home economy.
The reagent’s efficiency was proved by tests:
• The Tatar Oil Research and Design Institute of JSC Tatneft named after V.D. Shashin conducted comparative field testing of the reagent and the widely used analogues produced abroad (“Praestol”, “Flopam” etc.);
• Rekomin-M was compared to the reagent «Oilbrek» in a German laboratory.
The tests showed the reagent’s efficiency in wastewater treatment (5-10 times more efficient compared to other analogues);
The reagent was added to wastewater used for injection into the oil bearing formation to maintain formation pressure at oil production plants. As a result, the quality of the oilfield water treatment is 1.6-7.5 times better compared to reagentless settling.
Use of the reagent minimizes the wastewater treatment time to meet the required standard of oil concentration in water (60 mg/dm3). It takes less than an hour while dynamic settling takes over 6-8 hours.
The product quality was investigated. Rekomin-M is recommended by the Ministry of Energy. This is proved by the certificate of conformity and the certificate permitting the use of the chemical product in oil extraction and oil transportation. Rekomin-M is also registered at Eurasian Economic Community and authorized for production, marketing and usage.
• stable water emulsion breaking in wastewater treatment (oil emulsions and emulsions of other hydrocarbons);
• the effective breaking of stable polydisperse systems with a significant electro-kinetic potential of colloidal particles;
• use in oil extraction and oil treatment on-site (emulsification, deemulsification, dehydration, desalting);
• use as a corrosion inhibitor for equipment and pipeline protection in oil and gas industries;
• well production rate restart/recovery;
• use for oil storage tank washing (cisterns, tankers);
• oil sludge refining in tanks;
• industrial wastewater treatment in natural gas-extraction (including water-methanol solutions containing emulsified carbohydrates and suspended solids);
• oily wastewater treatment (coolant lubricants in machine industry and metallurgy);
• metal surface washing (fine removal of lubricants, oils etc.);
• acceleration of finely dispersed stable sols precipitation of hydroxides and metal oxides in ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy;
• beneficiation of non-ferrous ores at beneficiation plants of mining and metallurgical companies;
• process wastewater treatment in pulp and paper industry;
• sewage treatment in urban water treatment systems
The reagent of combined effect has universal properties and substantial advantages for reducing non-production costs that require minimal capital input, compared to the technologies and reagents used today:
• 3-10 times higher efficiency of waste- and produced water treatment and segregation from carbohydrates and suspended solids in the process of oil extraction and oil preparation;
• the reagent’s versatility, the option of altering the quality and quantity contamination parameters and dispersity using the same mixture by changing the working concentration (50-100 gr/t);
• the option of extensive use in oil sludge and bituminous sands refining including washing of oil tanks;
• reduction of non-productive costs in wastewater purification (2-3 times less) compared to the existing technologies;
• high processability, low capital costs and the option of automatic reagent delivery to an operating water-treatment system using computer monitoring of the compound and the degree of wastewater contamination;
• it’s possible to incorporate controlled reagent delivery into any existing water treatment system;
• working reagent solutions are easily produced and are easy to prepare for controlled delivery;
• absence of real analogues and competitors in the market;
• substantial hazard reduction of working solutions and components used.
Thus, instead of a number of reagents of various compositions we offer one versatile reagent to use in a wide range of process water emulsions and suspensions.
It’s worth noting that the technology offered is applicable in gas extraction and shale oil and gas reservoir development where a large amount of washdown water is used.
Use of the reagent «Rekomin-M» for fast water treatment will result in:
• significant purchase cost reduction of the reagent compared to analogues produced abroad (2-3 times lower);
• speed increase (5-7 times higher) of impurity precipitation in water solutions using smaller amount of the reagent;
• significant reduction of power consumption (1.5-2 times less);
• operating term extension of pumping wells;
• reduction of pumping equipment wear;
• 10-15% increase of commercial oil production.
«TatNIPINeft» carried out the research to estimate the effectiveness of introduction of oilfield water fine purification. The basic indicators (not counting incremental oil) demonstrated that the expected economic effect in terms of the annual production capacity of an oil company can total over 30 billion rubles.
Wide use of various chemical reagents in different industries determines the greater strain on the wastewater treatment plants and significant environmental degradation. For this reason we are faced with the task of efficiency enhancement of waterflooding systems which is to be solved by improving oilfield wastewater treatment.
The use of flocculants is a promising new direction in tackling this problem. «Rekomin-M» reduces the amount of hazardous effluents and contamination of process water with suspended solids.
Any industrial production needs large amounts of electric power and/or heat energy. It’s accompanied by a largescale energy and materials exchange with the environment which has a negative impact on it.
Reduction of electric power consumption (1.5-2 times lower) due to fast and quality water treatment from suspended abrasives diminishes the negative impact on the environment. The technology of the reagent production is a non-waste one. Environmental pollution can only be caused by industrial accidents.
Disposal of spill response tools is carried out in accordance with the sanitation rules and regulations (SanPin 18.104.22.1682-03).